Friday, October 23, 2009

ENJOYING THE SIMPLE THINGS IN LIFE.

I have not felt very well this week so I didn't get to do my usual things like sewing for my website, but God sent some special touches to light up my life.

I went outside and looked on the ground and finally found the first fall leaf and it was even red. I got so excited that I shouted! I am not sure where it came from because all the trees are still covered in green leaves, but maybe God had an angel drop it in my yard because he knew how good it would make me feel. I love fall and I look so forward to it. We don't get much cold weather here in Texas so even when 50 degrees comes we think it is winter!



This morning that is what happened. A cool front came in and it was 50 degrees. My husband woke me up and told me that he had lit the new chiminea that he bought for my prayer garden and to come out and drink coffee. So for over an hour we sat there enjoying the cold weather by the fire and watching for any birds or squirrels that might come by. My husband loves so many simple things in life and I do too. It doesn't take much to entertain us.
We sat there for the longest time thanking God for his goodness in our life and praying for all our family and friends.

I am so blessed to have such a wonderful husband who takes so much pleasure in the small things in life, like lighting a fire for me outside in my screened in building that is my prayer garden, and bringing me home flowers from Walmart like he did this week when I felt so bad. He enjoys watching the birds in the yard among the trees, and just riding around in the woods to see if we can see any deer etc.

Tonight we did just that after supper, we got in the car and rode around the area in the wooded subdivisions to see what we could see. We both shouted when we saw 3 deer in the woods.
So God kissed us several times today!

I hope our children and grandchildren will value like we do, the simple things in life as being the greatest gifts God gives. He reaches down and blesses us with just the simple things in life.
WE ARE TRULY BLESSED MOMENT BY MOMENT.

No comments:

Post a Comment