Saturday, October 17, 2009

YOUR HEART NEVER BELONGS TO YOU AGAIN!



























Proverbs 17:6 says “ Children’s children are a crown to the aged”.


All I can say is yes they are and what we have invested in them will go to the next generation.


I also know the Word of God says that children are our reward from God on this earth. We have been rewarded greatly because our children have truely been our blessing. But when it comes to grandchildren, it is just overwhelming to know that they are our Crown!


We have been so blessed to have children and grandchildren who have never given us a heart break in our life. Some trying moments, but no heartaches. They are our friends and we are so happy whenever we get to spend time with them.


Friends SAY they will be there for you in time of need, but family WILL be there for you in times of need. I am so thankful for ours.


We enjoyed so much having our 2 granddaughters come to visit for 3 days, and of course Pawpaw loves doing for them. We even went shopping a couple of days which he loves. He is the perfect father and grandfather for girls. I don’t think he likes to shop as much as he likes just buying things for them. We got to meet my oldest daughter at the mall 1 1/2 hours from us and she spent girl time with us too. We all had a pedicure. So it was some great girl time!


But I treasure most the time I got mainly to spend showing them how to make some of our generational family recipes like homemade biscuits, and chicken and dumplins and more.


My granddaughters are already such wonderful cooks and have been cooking since they could get in the kitchen. But I wanted to take time to do this with them for memory sake. I did not get to have much time with my grandmother because she died of cancer when I was a young teen. I miss her but I have never forgotten her words of wisdom that directed me all my life.


We miss our little angels who went on back home today, but thank God for cell phones where we can talk often!


I so enjoyed the girl time! Now Pawpaw is waiting for hunting season so he can spend some guy time with the boys!


Once you have children, your heart never belongs to you again!

No comments:

Post a Comment