Monday, August 9, 2010

"Give and It Shall Be Given Unto You"




Well, today I got back to my sewing machine and completed this cute Toddler Quilt to give to 2 precious little girls. It is a JESUS AND ME QUILT with a quilted book included.

I think I enjoy making my quilts and giving them away more than anything in my life. I guess because I feel part of me goes with it. My quilts have always been just one of a kind created just for the person in mind. I will never forget the first one that I made for a young teenage boy who in now my son-in-law and helped give me 3 wonderful grandsons who have grown to be wonderful men. They brought lots of joy to my life.

I had meant to make a quilt for these sweet girls a long time ago but when we lost our home during Hurricane Ike, it set me back 2 years so I am just now getting to it.

The mother of these 2 sweet toddler girls was a small child when I met her in church many years ago. She saw me make and give quilts away years ago at baby showers. Now I remember her telling me once, "When I have a baby, I hope that I get one of your quilts".

Then life's retirement took us miles from her, and Hurricane Ike displaced us and it absolutely slipped my mind. But I guess it is never too late. I make my quilts to last a life time if cared for properly because they are very durable. But the best thing is they are warm on a cold night.

I do hope these sweet little girls will be blessed by this quilt for many years to come.

NOW BACK TO THE MACHINE TO START A QUILT FOR A MARINE!

No comments:

Post a Comment