Thursday, May 6, 2010

Going with my heart!



Here recently, I went through a time for 6 weeks where I could not do anything but recline or stay in bed due to pain or injury of some type in my back and later the pain went to my foot. When I walked it was on a walker! I could not see myself cripple so I talked quite a bit to God.
None of it made any sense, and even after MRI was done 8 weeks later, nothing much showed at all. But now, I am fine and have even been working in my yard for 3 weeks helping my husband plant a garden, and we even designed another flower garden area.


During those weeks of my down time, I had lots of quiet time to spend in prayer with God, so no time was lost even though I missed my sewing projects desperately. I didn't even go into my sewing room because I knew that I would cry if I saw it. He spoke to me about many things and the direction of my heart.

After I started creating the "Say it with the Heart" pillows a while back, it moved me to think about what really makes my heart beat. I knew something was missing in my life and I got off track some.

The Lord spoke to me and said "Are you really following your heart?"

I knew then that my heart's joy was not in making things to sell. It was in doing for others, spending time sewing to give to others, and donate to charities. So at that moment, I surrendered to get back to what really makes my heart beat. My heart desires to beat in tune with the heart of God!
It is the heart of giving! After all the Bible says "For God so loved the World that He GAVE his only begotten son that whosoever believes on Him should not perish but have everlasting life"'John 3:16

He put on my heart to make kids quilts for the Quilts for Kids project
I am working on a quilt for that now between the garden and other ministry things.

No comments:

Post a Comment