Saturday, May 8, 2010

Donated items






















I am a member of the Shabby Lane Shops and have a store there named
Shabby Denim Rose where I sell a few of my unique handmade items. I love sewing and making items and have been sewing since I was 12 years old. I think the sewing machine is great therapy for me. But the greatest therapy is the joy that I feel when I have given something to someone instead of sold it.

Here are just a few pictures of things that I have donated to organizations like the Pink Slipper Project, & the Enchanted makeovers. I take such joy in doing that. Hopefully soon, I will have the quilt made for Quilts for Kids so you can see it.

The heart beat of my life is to give and not to receive. I guess that is why the scripture says "It is more blessed to give than to receive". You get more joy out of it.

I even made this sweet baby girls quilt shown above and donated it to the Military Hospital to be given to a baby of a wounded soldier.

I have also donated items to the Shabby Lane Shops Treasure boxes on a regular basis, and also to the Shabby Shops in a Box which I will be sending donations monthly.

My first really big gift was to a soldier in Iraq. I made him a quilt to keep him warm through winter and mailed it to him there. That was years ago. He still has it and we still talk to each other through letters etc, and I have never even personally met him. I don't have a picture of that quilt. I forgot to take one because I was in such a hurry to get it mailed to him.
He is getting married in November in Georgia, and invited my husband and I to the wedding, but it is so far away and I am not sure I will be able to make it since my husband won't fly.

Later while I was writing many soldiers, I had one to write me back, and ask if I would make a quilt for his unborn baby in the States. He said his son would be born and he would still be in Iraq, so I made this one in the picture here along with a couple bibs and pillow. I mailed it to his wife in the states as a gift from his Dad for Christmas. I never heard from them again but I do trust they got it and it blessed them.

No comments:

Post a Comment