Sunday, April 27, 2008

WHERE DOES THE TIME GO!


This month is nearly over and I have been so busy that I haven't even been sewing lately. I can't believe how fast the time flies! I thought when you got old, you had time to get bored!

My husband and I recently planted a veggie garden and watching it everyday for success. This was new to us last year, but my husband enjoyed it so much. He got so excited every time I asked him to get me some basil from the garden. He loved picking his small plum tomatoes and ate them nearly all as soon as he got inside. We had so many peppers we had to give some away. We are trying some new things this year, just for fun. I hope the garden does as well this year as last. We just depend on God. We have no experience much at all. My Mom and Dad did all that when they were alive. I should have watched them more. I always loved those wonderful veggies she gave us. There is just so much joy in working with plants and all. It is therapy for my husband, but I believe mine is the sewing and I miss it. But "there is a season for everything".

I yearn to get back sewing but it has to wait awhile because I have more cookies to bake now for the military. I have a special denim quilt planned and can hardly wait to start it.