Monday, March 24, 2008

Life's Scraps Turned Valuable



WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU SCRAPS, JUST MAKE A QUILT, THEN YOU HAVE SOMETHING VALUABLE
So many times I have thought of the blessings of scraps in our life that turn into things valuable. Sometimes we fail to see that they are there.
I was so blessed when my children were growing up to get scraps from my husbands aunt who sewed alot. I made some beautiful outfits for my girls just with those scraps.
When God gave me the idea back in the 60's & 70's to use denim and create with it, I loved it! In those days people discarded jeans with holes in them. I cut them up and made beautiful quilts that kept many people warm. I also made duffle bags, pillows, skirts, and anything else that I could think of.

In later years when I needed some income for an expense, I pulled everything out of my material closet and created lifesize dolls, and their clothes, and then sold them to pay that expense. I even sold them less than people said they were worth. It is so funny how you can take a worthless item and with our own hands help it to become valueable.
I remember back over the years as I loved, cared for, and prayed for many foster kids that others would have thought were worthless , that the touch of love and creative power made something beautiful out of them.
That is what God does with all of us. The creative touch of the Masters Hand makes us valuable.
So when things come my way that just seem like scraps in life, I try to see the end results and remember when Life Gives You Scraps, just make a Quilt.